Heater may be to blame for apartment fire in NW Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Firefighters think a heater may have started an apartment fire last night.
The fire at the apartments on Pinemont near Reno in northwest Houston started just after 11pm.
There was a couple asleep inside, but a smoke detector woke them up and they got out in time. The fire spread to several other apartment units, but everyone escaped.
The exact cause of the fire is under investigation, but the couple tells firefighters they had been having problems with their heater and that may have started it.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Frustration mounts for church members
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Photos: Maroon 5 draws massive Rodeo crowd
- Richmond traffic stop leads to drug bust
- Pearland mom honored on 'Live with Kelly and Michael'