Family escapes burning home without injury
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A family had to run out of their southwest Houston home after it caught fire last night.
The fire broke out around 11:30pm at a house on Towerview at Ruppstock.
There was a family with small children in the house at the time. One person noticed the smoke and everyone got out safely.
"We saw orange. I saw a fire. I ran downstairs and we got the baby and got out of the house. That's all I remember," said fire victim India Strong.
Fire crews were able to put out the fire. It was isolated to one bedroom. Investigators say the fire appears to be electrical.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church 57 min ago
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
- 5 plead guilty after immigrant stash house discovery
- Runoff to determine new Montgomery County judge 18 min ago
- Fire in wood shop fills middle school with smoke
- Case of missing teens solved after 43 years
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Fashion trucks take over downtown Houston
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Over the top promposal had cops in on the secret
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos