Motorcyclist killed in crash in west Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A motorcyclist died after being struck by an SUV in west Houston, according to police.
The accident happened at around 5:30am on the frontage road lanes of the Sam Houston Tollway near Boheme.
Authorities say the motorcyclist and a Suburban were both in the two left-turn only lanes to turn left onto Bohemme. Police say the SUV, in the left lane,skidded straight due in part to the wet road conditions and struck the motorcyclist, who also turning left.
The male motorcyclist was pinned beneath the vehicle and died on the scene. He has not yet been identified.
At least three southbound frontage lanes were blocked for several hours.
Police say the investigation is continuing.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Suspects posing as officers break into home
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Cop throws K-9 through suspect's window after chase
- UFC heavyweight fighter dies at age 30
- Man accused of pranking notable coaches about jobs arrested
- Great deals on Wednesdays at Thrift Store Outlet
- Would you 'Like' a Facebook 'Sympathize' button?
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Doctor accused of poisoning fellow physician due in court
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Man shot while behind the wheel in SE Houston