Recruiter for Houston area faces hearing on sex misconduct charges
SAN ANTONIO, TX -- An Air Force recruiter for the Houston area faces a hearing at a San Antonio base on whether he gets court-martialed after he was accused of sexual misconduct, rape and obstructing justice.
An Air Force statement says Tech. Sgt. Jaime R. Rodriguez goes before an Article 32 hearing Tuesday at Lackland Air Force Base on Tuesday. That's the military equivalent of a civilian grand jury session.
Rodriguez is accused of having "unprofessional relationships" with recruits and a recruiter assistant. He's also accused of making a false statement, obstructing justice, adultery, indecent conduct, aggravated sexual contact, forcible sodomy and rape.
Lackland provides basic training for Air Force recruits. Investigators say instructors had inappropriate contact, sexually harassed or raped more than 40 women in the past year at Lackland.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots 21 min ago
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama 12 min ago
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes 59 min ago
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped 23 min ago
- Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel named Hesiman finalist 1 min ago
- Dad guilty of murder in daughter's death
- Toilet of the future changes how you ... sit
- Woman's car hits west Houston fire station
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Mom charged after 4-year-old found in parking lot
- Miley Cyrus is MTV's artist of the year
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Antique telephones brought back to life
35 min ago