Recruiter for Houston area faces hearing on sex misconduct charges
SAN ANTONIO, TX -- An Air Force recruiter for the Houston area faces a hearing at a San Antonio base on whether he gets court-martialed after he was accused of sexual misconduct, rape and obstructing justice.
An Air Force statement says Tech. Sgt. Jaime R. Rodriguez goes before an Article 32 hearing Tuesday at Lackland Air Force Base on Tuesday. That's the military equivalent of a civilian grand jury session.
Rodriguez is accused of having "unprofessional relationships" with recruits and a recruiter assistant. He's also accused of making a false statement, obstructing justice, adultery, indecent conduct, aggravated sexual contact, forcible sodomy and rape.
Lackland provides basic training for Air Force recruits. Investigators say instructors had inappropriate contact, sexually harassed or raped more than 40 women in the past year at Lackland.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Shots fired during armored car robbery 34 min ago
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man 55 min ago
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Drunk man demanded bed to sleep
- Woman found living with dead spouse for month
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school 25 min ago
- 'We are burying a body,' suspects tell police