Toddler accidentally shoots himself in Dayton
DAYTON, TX (KTRK) -- A two-year-old boy was accidentally shot with a gun he found last night in Dayton.
Paramedics were called to a home on Milo Street in Liberty County at about 7:30pm Tuesday. Sgt. O'Quinn with the Dayton Police Department says the boy and his mother were visitng the boy's uncle when the child wandered into a bedroom. There he found the uncle's 9mm semi-automatic weapon. The child discharged the gun accidentally, striking himself in the chest. The bullet exited through the boy's back.
The boy was taken by Life Flight to Memorial Hermann Hospital where he is in good condition, according to Sgt. O'Quinn.
Dayton police questioned the family and is investigating at this time, as is Children's Protective Services.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Heavily tattooed man accused of stabbing boy
- Mom reunited with child after car theft
- Big facelift proposed for Bush Airport terminal
- Stolen park statue returned to Texas City
- School: Fourth-graders caught selling pot on campus
- Police: Intoxicated mom pushed baby in stroller 17 min ago
- Katy ISD student reportedly abducted from campus
- Texans land 2 primetime games
- Video: Cabbies compete for ride business
- Video: Pope Francis stirs up a little controversy
- A-list actor dressed as homeless man fools New Yorkers 13 min ago
- Man wants to remove 'murder' tattoo before murder trial
- Club's opening night ends in deadly gunfire
- Boy, 9, sang gospel until abductor released him