Toddler accidentally shoots himself in Dayton
DAYTON, TX (KTRK) -- A two-year-old boy was accidentally shot with a gun he found last night in Dayton.
Paramedics were called to a home on Milo Street in Liberty County at about 7:30pm Tuesday. Sgt. O'Quinn with the Dayton Police Department says the boy and his mother were visitng the boy's uncle when the child wandered into a bedroom. There he found the uncle's 9mm semi-automatic weapon. The child discharged the gun accidentally, striking himself in the chest. The bullet exited through the boy's back.
The boy was taken by Life Flight to Memorial Hermann Hospital where he is in good condition, according to Sgt. O'Quinn.
Dayton police questioned the family and is investigating at this time, as is Children's Protective Services.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Rice defeats Marshall in C-USA championship 35 min ago
- 4.5 magnitude earthquake rattles central Oklahoma 38 min ago
- Dog rescued from fire in Conroe
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Ice stalls sections of I-35 in North Texas
- US tourist and war vet, 85, free from NKorea 59 min ago
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Photos: North Texas covered in ice and snow
- Cold, damp weather to continue
- Video: Dog shoplifts and buries treats