Toddler accidentally shoots himself in Dayton
DAYTON, TX (KTRK) -- A two-year-old boy was accidentally shot with a gun he found last night in Dayton.
Paramedics were called to a home on Milo Street in Liberty County at about 7:30pm Tuesday. Sgt. O'Quinn with the Dayton Police Department says the boy and his mother were visitng the boy's uncle when the child wandered into a bedroom. There he found the uncle's 9mm semi-automatic weapon. The child discharged the gun accidentally, striking himself in the chest. The bullet exited through the boy's back.
The boy was taken by Life Flight to Memorial Hermann Hospital where he is in good condition, according to Sgt. O'Quinn.
Dayton police questioned the family and is investigating at this time, as is Children's Protective Services.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Body pulled from rubble of burned down home 12 min ago
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Photos: Home used in 'The Kardashians' for sale
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy 45 min ago
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather 3 min ago
- Blind man survives fall onto subway tracks
- Recipes to make deep fried treats at home 42 min ago
- Fortune cookie lottery numbers scores NY woman a fortune
- Men sold Oreo trade secret to China 20 min ago
- Recipes to make deep fried treats at home
43 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos