Teen at center of 2010 videotaped HPD beating arrest enters guilty plea on second burglary charge
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The teen burglar at the center of a 2010 HPD beating arrest that was caught on camera has pleaded guilty to a second burglary charge.
Chad Holley, 18, entered the plea Wednesday at the 178th Court. He was charged with burglary of habitation after he and three friends were arrested last June in connection to break-in in northwest Harris County.
Holley has been in the public spotlight ever since a surveillance camera recorded Houston police officers hitting and kicking the then 15-year-old during his first burglary arrest in March 2010. As a result, six officers were fired and four of them were charged with misdemeanor official oppression.
In October 2010, Holley was convicted in connection to that burglary and sentenced to probation, which he had completed just a couple of months before his second run-in with the law.
A sentencing hearing on his latest conviction is scheduled for March 14.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Sketch released of suspect in elderly woman assault
- Smash-and-grab suspects lead police on chase
- Photos: 7 big brands that are struggling 6 min ago
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Live: Pres. Obama makes statement on situation in... 4 min ago
- Video: Why ABC-13 anchors don't wear green on St....
- Mobile home fire claims life of one person in NE Houston 35 min ago
- Study to test 'chocolate' pills for heart health 3 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Malaysia: Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last word
- Officer-involved shooting under investigation in SW Houston
- Indianapolis Colts owner arrested for DWI
- Residents jump from windows to escape apartment fire
- Don't click on those Malaysia Airlines Facebook posts