Man charged in wife's shooting death last month reportedly killed himself Thursday
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man charged in the shooting death of his wife last month reportedly killed himself on Thursday.
The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office says shortly before 10am Thursday they were contacted by security reporting that Thomas A. Quinlan came into the April Sound Subdivision going to his home on North April Waters. Security officers knew of the emergency protective order in place against Quinlan prohibiting him from being at the house.
Quinlan was arrested on December 30, 2012, for the shooting death of his wife, Donna Quinlan.
Deputies say when they arrived Thursday, they learned that no one was in the home other than Quinlan and they could not make contact with him. SWAT deputies entered the home and say they found Quinlan dead of what is believed to be a self-inflicted wound.
Quinlan was released from the Montgomery County Jail on January 3 after posting the $500,000 bond set at the time of his arrest last month.
Deputies say the investigation continues.
Take ABC13 with you
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale