Mayor Annise Parker declares Friday, Jan. 11 as 'Go Houston Texans Day'
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Mayor Annise Parker has declared Friday, January 11, 2013 as "Go Houston Texans Day."
Houstonians are encouraged to wear their Texans gear or something red to work that day in support for the team as it takes on the New England Patriots in Sunday's AFC Divisional playoff game.
"This season -- the best in the franchise's 11 year history -- has been mesmerizing," said Mayor Parker. "We have watched Gary Kubiak and Matt Schaub lead our team to victory more times than ever before, and our defensive powerhouse J.J. Watt has become a household name. Texans fans are steadfast and I know they will show their team spirit as our Bulls on Parade head toward a victory on Sunday!"
She also announced that City Hall will be lit Battle Red through the weekend as an additional show of the city's support for the team.
Don't forget to catch our 'Houston Texans: Road to the Ring' special Friday at 7pm on ABC13, as the Texans try to take another major step to their first Super Bowl.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
houston texans, nfl, local
- Walmart in Kemah on lockdown
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 9 min ago
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Teacher denies sex crimes in YouTube case