Bond reinstated for car dealer accused of raping teen girl at his Crosby dealership
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We have an update in the rape case against local car dealer Riku Melartin.
A judge Thursday reinstated the $100,000 bond for Melartin. His attorney says the bond was revoked last week because of a paperwork issue.
Melartin is accused of raping a girl at his dealership in Crosby. The girl and her mother worked for Melartin, and say they want justice, while Melartin's attorney says his client is ready to go home.
"It's been hard. It was hard to see him come out, but I'm confident that we will get justice. I'm confident in that," said the mother of the alleged victim.
Melartin's attorney, Jim Butler, said, "Happy that he gets to go back home. All the other emotions from one end of the spectrum to the other are still there."
Melartin and his assistant, George Koutani, are both also accused of fondling the 16-year-old at Melartin's dealership.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Keenum out; Schaub to start against Broncos 1 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- New cameras to help cops settle disputes
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- One dead, others injured in Baytown wreck 6 min ago
- Feds to reduce stimulus due to improving job market 49 min ago
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Man wanted in deadly W. Harris Co. shooting turns self in
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day