Football writers name JJ Watt defensive MVP
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- As Texans fans get pumped up for the big game, Texans defensive standout JJ Watt has picked up a big honor.
The Pro Football Writers of America have named Watt the NFL's defensive MVP. Watt led the league with a franchise record 20-and-a-half sacks. He's also the first player in league history to have at least 15 sacks and 15 passes defended in the same season.
Watt led the Texans with a career-high 81 tackles.
Don't forget to catch our 'Houston Texans: Road to the Ring' special Friday at 7pm on ABC13, as the Texans try to take another major step to their first Super Bowl.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
houston texans, nfl, local
- NASA hopes to avoid emergency spacewalk on ISS 34 min ago
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Witnesses pull woman from fiery wreck
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site
- No jail for teen whose lawyers argued 'affluenza'
- Two of 3 suspected burglars caught in the act
- Dead leopard, other swag snagged at mansion party
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Restaurant robbery attempt foiled by quick-thinking worker 54 min ago
- Exxon Mobil building evacuated due to fire on roof
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations