Weapons stolen during home invasion in NW Harris County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A homeowner in northwest Harris County fell victim to armed burglars Friday morning.
According to the constable's office, the crime rate in the Ponderosa subdivision is not high. There were no recorded burglaries last month, according to the chief deputy constable there, and only two in November. But none of that matters to the man who was targeted on Friday morning. He talked to Eyewitness News, but he doesn't want to be identified.
"I look over just in time to see all of them get out with their guns in their hands, and they're pointing them right at me," he said. "They said, 'Get in the house.'"
Four men wearing masks, and one of the guns was pointed at the family dog.
The victim recalled, "I said, "Please don't shoot that dog. That dog is not aggressive. She's a great dog.' And he said, 'Well, then put her in the back yard.'"
That's when the victim says the ransacking operation began. Electronics and what little jewelry he had were all taken. And there were the guns. The robbers got away with about half a dozen. A locked gun case with shotguns still inside was discarded as the men jumped in a waiting car.
"It wasn't fun watching it," the victim told Eyewitness News. "One guy had a constant gun on me the whole time. I was pretty much focused on him, looking down the barrel of his gun. He kept screaming, 'I'm going to shoot you. I'm going to shoot you.'"
The house has been hit before. The last time, this contractor says his tools were stolen. But this is different. It's personal and he doesn't want it to happen again, and he says he wants to move, but he doesn't know where.
Four male suspects were described only as being somewhat young, last seen making their getaway in a white compact sedan. Anyone with information on who they may be is asked to call the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, deborah wrigley
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company 54 min ago
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshall: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Will Justin Bieber be at Houston rodeo?
- David Tillman's weather forecast
59 min ago