Former Clear Creek ISD teacher accused of having relationship with student
LEAGUE CITY, TX (KTRK) -- A former Clear Creek ISD teacher is facing allegations she had a sexual relationship with one of her students.
Stephanie Raleen Forbes, 40, was arrested Thursday afternoon in the 300 block of Sorrelwood Dr. in League City on charges of sexual assault of a child and improper relationship between educator and student, according to the Galveston County Sheriff's Office.
Detectives say they launched an investgation last month after Clear Creek ISD officials were notified of allegations that Forbes had an ongoing sexual relationship with a student. She resigned from the district after detectives launched an investigation into the accusations.
Forbes was released from the Galveston County Jail after she posted a $20,000 bond.
The investigation is ongoing.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck wil be charged 19 min ago
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America comes to the aid of suspended student
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Nice weather for Easter!
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home