Former Clear Creek ISD teacher accused of having relationship with student
LEAGUE CITY, TX (KTRK) -- A former Clear Creek ISD teacher is facing allegations she had a sexual relationship with one of her students.
Stephanie Raleen Forbes, 40, was arrested Thursday afternoon in the 300 block of Sorrelwood Dr. in League City on charges of sexual assault of a child and improper relationship between educator and student, according to the Galveston County Sheriff's Office.
Detectives say they launched an investgation last month after Clear Creek ISD officials were notified of allegations that Forbes had an ongoing sexual relationship with a student. She resigned from the district after detectives launched an investigation into the accusations.
Forbes was released from the Galveston County Jail after she posted a $20,000 bond.
The investigation is ongoing.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire 2 min ago
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids 44 min ago
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today 54 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach 10 min ago
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates 41 min ago
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom