Four firefighters, two others injured in collision involving fire truck in east Harris Co.
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Six people were injured in a collision that involved a fire truck in east Harris County Friday night.
It happened at the intersection of Hollywood and Brown Wood Street.
According to officials with the Cloverleaf Volunteer Fire Department, four firefighters were their way to run a few errands. They were less than a block from the fire station when officials say the driver of a black Dodge pickup slammed into the side of the fire truck, flipping the emergency vehicle over.
According to witnesses, the pickup truck driver ran a stop sign.
"The truck and come hit the fire department truck, and dumped over" witness Rene Vences said.
"It's horrible. I just --- my brother. They said he's OK," said Elizabeth Beaver, whose brother was among the firefighters involved in the wreck.
Officials had to extricate two people out of the pickup. They were both taken to Ben Taub with serious injuries.
Four firefighters also were transported to be treated for minor injuries.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Amber Alert issued for missing 18-month-old child 36 min ago
- Details to be released on plans for 2017 Super Bowl 3 min ago
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Baby found in trash bag can have new parents
- UK official: London attack could be terror-related 25 min ago
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake
- What's the farthest point from the Earth's center? 20 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in fatal shooting in southeast Houston
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Autopsy ordered on Texas City inmate who died
- IRS official Lois Lerner: 'I did nothing wrong'
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos