Four firefighters, two others injured in collision involving fire truck in east Harris Co.
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Six people were injured in a collision that involved a fire truck in east Harris County Friday night.
It happened at the intersection of Hollywood and Brown Wood Street.
According to officials with the Cloverleaf Volunteer Fire Department, four firefighters were their way to run a few errands. They were less than a block from the fire station when officials say the driver of a black Dodge pickup slammed into the side of the fire truck, flipping the emergency vehicle over.
According to witnesses, the pickup truck driver ran a stop sign.
"The truck and come hit the fire department truck, and dumped over" witness Rene Vences said.
"It's horrible. I just --- my brother. They said he's OK," said Elizabeth Beaver, whose brother was among the firefighters involved in the wreck.
Officials had to extricate two people out of the pickup. They were both taken to Ben Taub with serious injuries.
Four firefighters also were transported to be treated for minor injuries.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas 1 min ago
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released 2 min ago
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced 36 min ago
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake 40 min ago
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store' 34 min ago
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison 18 min ago
- Man held up on his way home from bank 6 min ago
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
- Make-A-Wish lets boy fly like Iron Man 12 min ago
- 'No hooking' billboard curbs prostitution in neighborhood 3 min ago
45 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos