Four firefighters, two others injured in collision involving fire truck in east Harris Co.
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Six people were injured in a collision that involved a fire truck in east Harris County Friday night.
It happened at the intersection of Hollywood and Brown Wood Street.
According to officials with the Cloverleaf Volunteer Fire Department, four firefighters were their way to run a few errands. They were less than a block from the fire station when officials say the driver of a black Dodge pickup slammed into the side of the fire truck, flipping the emergency vehicle over.
According to witnesses, the pickup truck driver ran a stop sign.
"The truck and come hit the fire department truck, and dumped over" witness Rene Vences said.
"It's horrible. I just --- my brother. They said he's OK," said Elizabeth Beaver, whose brother was among the firefighters involved in the wreck.
Officials had to extricate two people out of the pickup. They were both taken to Ben Taub with serious injuries.
Four firefighters also were transported to be treated for minor injuries.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Shots fired during armored car robbery 29 min ago
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student 8 min ago
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged 16 min ago
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- McDonald's game plan to win back customers
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born
- Stacy Keibler marries boyfriend in Mexico