Charges possible in fatal motorcycle wreck
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The driver of an SUV could face charges in a four-vehicle accident that killed a motorcyclist in west Houston Friday afternoon.
The wreck happened around 5:20pm on the northbound lanes of the West Sam Houston Tollway at Briar Forest Drive.
According to Precinct 5 deputies, a motorcycle rider on a Honda Goldwing had slowed down for traffic in front of him and was rear-ended by an SUV. The motorcyclist was thrown from the bike, hit the concrete and possibly a vehicle in front of him.
His motorcycle kept going and crashed into another vehicle, while the driver of the SUV also hit another car.
Deputies say the victim appeared to be a middle-aged man. He died at the scene.
Other people involved in the wreck suffered minor injuries.
Deputies say charges against the driver of the SUV are possible, but they don't believe alcohol is a factor. The DA's office was at the scene investigating.
The accident forced crews to close several main lanes of the tollway for four hours Friday evening.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time! 38 min ago
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Driveway theft of 200lb generator caught on camera
- SAPD: Fatally shot student from Baytown charged officer
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- Restaurant apologizes for racist sign
- Police chase emu down I-35 near Austin 40 min ago
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak