Police: Kidnapped Pasadena baby returned to parents, grandmother charged
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- After an Amber Alert was issued, a four-month-old girl was found and returned to her parents this weekend. Now, the child's grandmother is behind bars.
The alert was issued for Kaitlyn Lavois, who was reportedly taken by her grandmother, Robin Lavois, without the parents' approval or knowledge.
The two disappeared around 9:30pm Friday.
According to police, Lavois purchased baby formula from an ad on Craigslist in San Leon around 9am Friday. The seller called Pasadena police after she saw the Amber Alert this morning.
Police spotted both the baby and her grandmother in the grandmother's car on Preston Saturday morning, no more than a mile from her home. According to the district attorney's office, Lavois was disheveled, rambling and could not keep her story consistent.
Police said Kaitlyn was safely returned home to her parents Saturday. She was not injured
The grandmother has an arrest record. According to court documents, past charges include evading arrest and two felony indictments for assaulting family members.
Lavois, 48, is now charged with kidnapping. Bond was set at $30,000 and she is due in court Monday.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure 58 min ago
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 40 min ago
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly 30 min ago
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Missouri City man charged in wife's death 54 min ago
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns