Fmr. President George H.W. Bush could go home soon
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The office of former President George H.W. Bush says he could be out of the hospital soon.
The 88-year-old was admitted to Methodist Hospital in Houston just before Thanksgiving for a lingering cough related to bronchitis.
He was also treated for a fever.
Saturday night, a spokesperson for Bush says he could be discharged in the upcoming week, but they are still taking everything one day at a time.
Bush, the 41st president, is the country's oldest living former president by a few months.
If you would like to send a get well card to President George H.W. Bush you can send it to:
- George Bush Presidential Library and Museum
Attn: President George Bush
1000 George Bush Drive West
College Station, TX 77845
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
george h.w. bush, local
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena 13 min ago
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 8 min ago
- Is Pearland mom the most 'unstoppable?'
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight
- Dying child receives experimental drug
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into salon