Fmr. President George H.W. Bush could go home soon
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The office of former President George H.W. Bush says he could be out of the hospital soon.
The 88-year-old was admitted to Methodist Hospital in Houston just before Thanksgiving for a lingering cough related to bronchitis.
He was also treated for a fever.
Saturday night, a spokesperson for Bush says he could be discharged in the upcoming week, but they are still taking everything one day at a time.
Bush, the 41st president, is the country's oldest living former president by a few months.
If you would like to send a get well card to President George H.W. Bush you can send it to:
- George Bush Presidential Library and Museum
Attn: President George Bush
1000 George Bush Drive West
College Station, TX 77845
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
george h.w. bush, local
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma twister 3 min ago
- Fight at bar ends in fatal shooting in NW Harris Co.
- Ex-teen sex slave devotes new life to helping others
- Houston Super Bowl committee making its pitch in Boston
- Texas search team to help after OK twister
- Two people found on church roof arrested for trespassing
- Toby Keith says Oklahoma hometown is 'strong'
- Photos: LEGO KidsFest in Houston
- otrc: 'Anchorman 2' teaser trailer released
- abcnews: Victoria's Secret rejects 'survivor' bra
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos