Texans fans show support for team following loss
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Despite the Houston Texans' disappointing loss to New England yesterday, some Texans fans stayed up late last night to give the team a proper homecoming at Reliant.
They braved the cold and wind, huddled together and thanked the Texans for a great season.
Several players greeted the fans with a smile and wave and even a few high fives. Texans left tackle Duane Brown actually stuck around and signed a few autographs.
While fans say they are disappointed with the season-ending loss, they say they'll stick with their team and have a lot to look forward to next season.
"We win some, we lose some, but you know what? They don't back down," said fan Brandi Vela. "They deserve all the support they can get."
"A the end, I really thought we were going to make a comeback. But we didn't," said fan Bradley Mining. "I was a little disappointed, but I know we will make it next year."
The entire team recognizes the fans' energy this season and hopes to draw on it again come pre-season.
"We totally appreciate their support," guard Brandon Brooks said. "We'll be back next year and working even harder."
Players' off-season plans include some travel. Some will go home to their families. Others say they will stay here and get back to a "normal" routine, spending time with their wives and taking their children to school. But be certain they're already thinking about training and working hard for next season.
The Patriots beat the Texans 41-28 Sunday to advance to the AFC title game, where they'll play the Ravens. Arian Foster had 90 yards rushing and one touchdown. Matt Schaub threw for 343 yards with two touchdowns and one interception. Both of those touchdowns came in the fourth quarter.
This was the Texans second trip to Foxborough and they allowed a total of 83 points.
The winner of the Batlimore-New England game advances to the Super Bowl.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
houston texans, local
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy 26 min ago
- Suspects posing as officers break into home
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Cop throws K-9 through suspect's window after chase
- UFC heavyweight fighter dies at age 30
- Man accused of pranking notable coaches about jobs arrested
- Great deals on Wednesdays at Thrift Store Outlet 30 min ago
- Would you 'Like' a Facebook 'Sympathize' button?
- 'Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies at 91 29 min ago
- Oklahahoma not likely to erect satanic monument
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos