Expect unseasonable cold air until midweek
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Our weather remains mostly cloudy and chilly until midweek. Look for on and off showers through Wednesday.
Temperatures remain below average, with lows in the 30s and highs only in the 40s. This morning, some of you saw a few areas of sleet mixed in with the rain showers, especially north and west of the Houston metro area.
Watch for a few more areas of sleet tomorrow morning and Wednesday morning. Surface temperatures each morning will likely remain above freezing for most areas, so we do not expect widespread travel problems due to the isolated areas of sleet.
We start to warm up a bit and dry out by the end of the workweek. Temperatures are back to seasonal averages by the weekend.
We'll keep you updated on air and online. Weather warnings are posted as soon as they are issued on the ABC13Weather Twitter page.
Take ABC13 weather and radar with you
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, casey curry
- Parts of Astrodome demolished 39 min ago
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged 36 min ago
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic 54 min ago
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- 2013 College bowl schedule 53 min ago
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour record
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Officials find 11 dead whales in Florida Keys
- Local post offices open Sundays for holiday rush 28 min ago
- No more ice, but cold weather continues