Sketch released of New Year's Eve killer
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston police are looking for a killer, and they're hoping a sketch will help someone recognize him.
David Nguyen, 60, was arriving home in the 5000 block of La Branch about 9:20pm on December 31, 2012, when he observed a robbery in-progress inside his gated community. The suspect, upon seeing Nguyen, attempted to rob him as well, and then shot him before fleeing the scene. Nguyen suffered a gunshot wound to the chest and was transported to a local hospital where he died the next day.
Nguyen's family is asking for the public's help in finding his killer.
"Our family would appreciate any tips regarding the crime that took place on the evening of New Year's Eve in the Museum District neighborhood. Because of what happened on that night, our family has lost a husband, father, grandfather, son, brother and uncle. He was truly an inspiration to his family, friends and community. Your help could provide some much needed justice and prevent another family from enduring this painful and difficult loss," the Nguyen family statement read.
The suspect is described only as a black male in his 30s to 40s, about 5 feet 9 inches, with a stocky, muscular build. Police have developed a composite sketch.
Anyone with information on the identity of the suspect or about this incident is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
- Home invasion suspects threaten to take baby 41 min ago
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch 4 min ago
- Cop throws K-9 through suspect's window after chase
- Boy, 6, suspended for kissing girl on cheek 33 min ago
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- UFC heavyweight fighter dies at age 30
- Cleveland ISD: Teen resisting officer hit with Taser 10 min ago
- Man accused of pranking notable coaches about jobs arrested
- Great deals on Wednesdays at Thrift Store Outlet
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- Would you 'Like' a Facebook 'Sympathize' button?
- 'Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies at 91
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
27 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos