Police: Sex offender had hidden pot growing room
DICKINSON, TX (KTRK) -- Police in Dickinson have arrested a sex offender they say was in violation of the sex offender registration laws. But he faces new charges after they allegedly caught him with a marijuana growing room.
Dickinson police say they had been investigating Jason Hales, 34, after learning he was reportedly living at a residence he had not registered. On Wednesday they executed a search warrant on a home in the 3000 block of Crest Drive.
Police say they found evidence that Hales was living at the unregistered home, and in addition they discovered what they call an elaborate indoor marijuana grow operation in a hidden room. Detectives recovered 15 marijuana plants in various stages of growth and 10 seedlings.
Hales was charged with failure to comply with sex offender registration and felony possession of marijuana. His bonds total $50,000.
Brandi Hales, 34, was also arrested and charged with felony possession of marijuana. Her bond is set at $5,000.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Body pulled from rubble of burned down home 12 min ago
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Photos: Home used in 'The Kardashians' for sale
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy 11 min ago
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah 44 min ago
- Blind man survives fall onto subway tracks
- Recipes to make deep fried treats at home 8 min ago
- Fortune cookie lottery numbers scores NY woman a fortune 32 min ago
- Men sold Oreo trade secret to China
- Thousands of trees will be planted in Memorial Park today 44 min ago
- Recipes to make deep fried treats at home
9 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos