Police: Sex offender had hidden pot growing room
DICKINSON, TX (KTRK) -- Police in Dickinson have arrested a sex offender they say was in violation of the sex offender registration laws. But he faces new charges after they allegedly caught him with a marijuana growing room.
Dickinson police say they had been investigating Jason Hales, 34, after learning he was reportedly living at a residence he had not registered. On Wednesday they executed a search warrant on a home in the 3000 block of Crest Drive.
Police say they found evidence that Hales was living at the unregistered home, and in addition they discovered what they call an elaborate indoor marijuana grow operation in a hidden room. Detectives recovered 15 marijuana plants in various stages of growth and 10 seedlings.
Hales was charged with failure to comply with sex offender registration and felony possession of marijuana. His bonds total $50,000.
Brandi Hales, 34, was also arrested and charged with felony possession of marijuana. Her bond is set at $5,000.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Montgomery County DWI cases under scrutiny
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: Teen at center of alleged assault partially lied
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife
- Whataburger ketchup hits grocery shelves
- Houston city pools open this weekend
- Deputy killed in wreck to be laid to rest Saturday
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- raw video: Pilot captures video of volcano eruption
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos