Police: Sex offender had hidden pot growing room
DICKINSON, TX (KTRK) -- Police in Dickinson have arrested a sex offender they say was in violation of the sex offender registration laws. But he faces new charges after they allegedly caught him with a marijuana growing room.
Dickinson police say they had been investigating Jason Hales, 34, after learning he was reportedly living at a residence he had not registered. On Wednesday they executed a search warrant on a home in the 3000 block of Crest Drive.
Police say they found evidence that Hales was living at the unregistered home, and in addition they discovered what they call an elaborate indoor marijuana grow operation in a hidden room. Detectives recovered 15 marijuana plants in various stages of growth and 10 seedlings.
Hales was charged with failure to comply with sex offender registration and felony possession of marijuana. His bonds total $50,000.
Brandi Hales, 34, was also arrested and charged with felony possession of marijuana. Her bond is set at $5,000.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Winter Weather advisory for several local counties
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished Sunday
- Icy storm sends Houston workers to help North Texas
- Rice wins C-USA title with 41-24 win over Marshall
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns
- Dog rescued from fire in Conroe
- Drivers stuck on icy I-35 as cold blast hits Texas
- US tourist and war vet, 85, free from NKorea