Chase suspects killed in East Houston crash were 14-year-olds
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We're now learning two students at Cy-Fair ISD were the suspects killed at the end of Monday's car chase near the Houston Ship Channel.
Authorities say Skyla Nuncio and Justin Henry, both 14, were the suspects who died in a crash on the Clinton exit ramp off the East Loop Monday evening.
The teens were driving the wrong way on a Pasadena street when an officer spotted them and discovered their Chevy Impala had been reported stolen from a driveway in Cypress days before.
The officer tried to pull them over but when they wouldn't, he gave chase. The teens led the officer onto the northbound lanes of the East Loop, which is when the pursuing officer decided the chase was getting too dangerous. He backed off just seconds before the teens took the Clinton exit and crashed.
Police say the impact was so severe that it moved a concrete barrier five to six inches. As a result, crews closed the right lane of the East Loop's northbound lanes, as well as the exit to Clinton, to repair the damage.
Cy-Fair ISD says Nuncio was a ninth grader at Cy-Fair High School and Henry was an eighth-grade student at Campbell Middle School. The district says it's had school counselors on hand since Tuesday to help grieving students.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HPD: Fight between roommates ends in shooting
- Video from violent fast food robbery released 9 min ago
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Time Magazine names its Person of the Year
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- More Astrodome seats to go on sale today
- Female libido drug remains in limbo
- Mandela's body arrives for viewing in South Africa
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos