Annual fruit tree sale Saturday at HCC Southwest campus
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- If you've been to the produce section lately, you know that fruit can get expensive. One way to save some money is to grow your own.
You can start this weekend. Urban Harvest is hosting a one day fruit tree sale on Saturday. Volunteers were out at the Houston Community College Southwest campus on Friday setting up and organizing the trees.
From lemons to limes, to apples and grapefruit, there are dozens of types of fruit trees from which to choose.
"The number of nurseries, the areas you would have to go to to try and find these trees, you'd be driving all over the Houston area. So you can actually come to our sale and find all of these trees in one spot," said Diana Liga with Urban Harvest.
The fruit tree sale officially starts at 9am Saturday, but people usually line up hours before that.
Prices vary. For more information on the sale, visit UrbanHarvest.org.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Body pulled from rubble of burned down home
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale 58 min ago
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Push-up jeans promise bigger booty 42 min ago
- Blind man survives fall onto subway tracks
- Recipes to make deep fried treats at home
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos