Annual fruit tree sale Saturday at HCC Southwest campus
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- If you've been to the produce section lately, you know that fruit can get expensive. One way to save some money is to grow your own.
You can start this weekend. Urban Harvest is hosting a one day fruit tree sale on Saturday. Volunteers were out at the Houston Community College Southwest campus on Friday setting up and organizing the trees.
From lemons to limes, to apples and grapefruit, there are dozens of types of fruit trees from which to choose.
"The number of nurseries, the areas you would have to go to to try and find these trees, you'd be driving all over the Houston area. So you can actually come to our sale and find all of these trees in one spot," said Diana Liga with Urban Harvest.
The fruit tree sale officially starts at 9am Saturday, but people usually line up hours before that.
Prices vary. For more information on the sale, visit UrbanHarvest.org.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Walmart in Kemah on lockdown 8 min ago
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck 22 min ago
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Teacher denies sex crimes in YouTube case