Robbers hit T-Mobile store just north of downtown
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Robbers hit a cell phone store just north of downtown Friday, and police say it may be connected to other robberies.
This latest robbery was at a T-Mobile store on Fulton near Boundary. Detectives say the suspects tried to rob a Radio Shack and when that didn't work somehow, they showed up at the T-Mobile store.
At around 2:30pm, Houston police say three men carrying pistols and wearing bandanas over their faces walked into the Radio Shack in the 1900 block of Taylor Street, but police say when the employees saw the armed suspects coming through the door, workers ran out the back door.
Police say the suspects then jumped into a blue newer model minivan and fled.
According to investigators, the same three suspects switched vehicles before showing up at the T-Mobile store in the 2400 block of Fulton Street.
"The word from the employees here is that the three suspects wearing hoodies, bandanas, armed with guns came into this location and requested cell phones and cash. They fled from this location in a white Infiniti," said HPD Investigator Kathy Richards.
The suspects are believed to be in their early 30s.
Police are out searching for the three armed robbers. If you have any information in this case, you are urged to call Houston police.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, samica knight
- Committee: 'Don't tear down the Astrodome'
- Woman at odds with auto shop after car gets stolen
- Men's restroom visitors find themselves on camera
- Residents on edge over string of suspicious fires
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Houston bus company owner faces charges from 2008 crash
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- Local burger's name catches national chain's attention
- Tropical Storm Barry bears down on Mexico's coast 9 min ago
- Stampede over Beckham injures 5 in Shanghai 17 min ago
- Thieves steal bundles of metal rods from Magnolia store
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos