Houston firefighter injured in 2-alarm apartment blaze
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A firefighter was burned overnight while fighting a two-alarm blaze at an east Houston apartment complex.
The building on Flaxman caught fire around 2am.
All the residents in the 10-unit building escaped safely before firefighters arrived.
One firefighter burned his hands but was treated at the scene and returned to work.
It is not clear what started the fire. Firefighters say the flames were in the space between a flat roof and a rain roof. They had to punch holes in the rain roof to tackle the blaze.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe 13 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County 47 min ago
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 59 min ago
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS 42 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant 49 min ago
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives? 47 min ago
- Dangerous sex offenders' moving into Houston area? 15 min ago
- There's pee in the water -- again!