Health center on MLK in Houston celebrating grand re-opening on MLK Day
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A health center at 8610 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard in Houston is debuting a new look on the holiday honoring the civil rights activist.
Central Care Community Health Center will hold a grand re-opening Monday morning. The facility recently completed a million-dollar renovation
Ladawnya Joshlin has been going to the clinic for years. She says the new environment is cleaner, more comfortable and more spiritual.
"The doctor would come out and pray for you before she gave you your test results, so that made me continue to keep spreading the word to the community that they don't only help you mentally; they help you physically, too," Joshlin said.
The clinic says it has doubled its patient capacity and added dental and mental health services.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat