Firefighter has medical emergency while en route to fire
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There was a scare for a Houston firefighter this morning as he had to be rushed to the hospital because of a medical emergency.
The firefighter was taken to the hospital for chest pains while en route to a fire on South Gessner near Village of Fondren.
Police started receiving calls from several people who had reported hearing gunshots and were reporting that the clubhouse in their subdivision was on fire.
The fire was so intense that one of the walls collapsed. Firefighters spent several hours fighthing the fire from outside of the structure.
Fire crews, along with police, searched the area extensively and they didn't find anything to substantiate the gunfire reports.
As for the firefighter who was taken to the hospital, at this point, we don't know a condition. No injuries were reported at the fire scene.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, sonia azad
- Tanker spill cleanup to continue overnight
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7M older model Jeeps
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder
- Gay pride parade's condom policy draws criticism
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Houston man sentenced for operating bogus ambulance companies
- Texas Equusearch hit by criminals
- Minn. mother, son accused of stealing gopher feet
- Diving great Greg Louganis to marry in fall
- Residents fire through door, killing woman
- Woodlands woman accused of setting fire to boyfriend's home
- otrc: Johnny Depp talks split with Vanessa Paradis
- abcnews: NFL player's home searched after killing
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue