Firefighter has medical emergency while en route to fire
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There was a scare for a Houston firefighter this morning as he had to be rushed to the hospital because of a medical emergency.
The firefighter was taken to the hospital for chest pains while en route to a fire on South Gessner near Village of Fondren.
Police started receiving calls from several people who had reported hearing gunshots and were reporting that the clubhouse in their subdivision was on fire.
The fire was so intense that one of the walls collapsed. Firefighters spent several hours fighthing the fire from outside of the structure.
Fire crews, along with police, searched the area extensively and they didn't find anything to substantiate the gunfire reports.
As for the firefighter who was taken to the hospital, at this point, we don't know a condition. No injuries were reported at the fire scene.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, sonia azad
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing 5 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary 31 min ago
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Which food trucks had violations?
35 min ago