Man shot trying to fend off armed suspect in NW Harris Co.
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man is being treated at the hospital after police say he was shot by a suspect through the front door of his home during an attempted robbery.
It happened at around 1am on Camden Parkway near Walters road in northwest Harris County.
Deputies say the victim was trying to keep the suspect from breaching his home. That's when the suspect allegedly stepped back and fired a shot through the victim's front door. His family was inside at the time.
The victim was struck in the chest, and the suspect fled the scene. He was transported to Memorial Hermann Hospital. Deputies say the suspect likely targeted the victim sometime before:
"It appears he was followed home from his place of employment and it looks to be an attempted robbery," said Sgt. Hilborn with the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies say the suspect fled in a silver or blue Chevy Impala.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HPD: Fight between roommates ends in shooting
- Coyote's wild run through Hobby, but no roadrunner in sight
- Time Magazine names its Person of the Year 59 min ago
- Video from violent fast food robbery released 28 min ago
- Wreck causes fire in Tomball gas station parking lot 19 min ago
- More Astrodome seats to go on sale today
- Spring woman accused of injuring elderly man 55 min ago
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Marine's body sent home without heart
- Speed may be to blame for fatal accident 34 min ago
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Want to buy pot, legally? Head to Uruguay
- Female libido drug remains in limbo
- Mandela's body arrives for viewing in South Africa
- David Tillman's midday weather forecast
24 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos