Man shot trying to fend off armed suspect in NW Harris Co.
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man is being treated at the hospital after police say he was shot by a suspect through the front door of his home during an attempted robbery.
It happened at around 1am on Camden Parkway near Walters road in northwest Harris County.
Deputies say the victim was trying to keep the suspect from breaching his home. That's when the suspect allegedly stepped back and fired a shot through the victim's front door. His family was inside at the time.
The victim was struck in the chest, and the suspect fled the scene. He was transported to Memorial Hermann Hospital. Deputies say the suspect likely targeted the victim sometime before:
"It appears he was followed home from his place of employment and it looks to be an attempted robbery," said Sgt. Hilborn with the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies say the suspect fled in a silver or blue Chevy Impala.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- IRS uses woman's tax refund to pay old debt
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- College students paid to take a year off? 38 min ago
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake 6 min ago
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage 1 min ago
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Dannon to reduce sugar in yogurt for kids 17 min ago
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Missouri City man charged in wife's death