Kingwood man shot while driving to airport
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Kingwood man was shot multiple times by would-be carjackers during an early morning trip to the airport.
Houston police say a 55-year-old Kingwood resident left his home around 4am, heading to the airport in his brand new 2013 Chevy Avalanche. He was near Highway 59 and Kingwood Drive when a group of suspects pulled up behind him. One of the passengers got out of their vehicle and started shooting into the victim's truck.
The suspects didn't take his vehicle, and fled the scene. The victim was shot three times, struck in the chest, stomach and hand.
Police say while the man was trying to call 911, he drove himself to a nearby medical center. He was transferred to Ben Taub Hospital and was listed as stable at the time. There's no further word on his condition.
Police are trying to see if the incident may have been caught on a surveillance camera in the area.
Only a vague description of the suspects is available. Police say three or four Hispanic males were involved in the crime. They were driving a dark gray or silve four-door pickup.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Severe weather possible across Houston area 5 min ago
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- A&E claims death threats since Robertson's suspension
- New Houston light rail line to open for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?