Garbage truck strikes bridge on Southwest Freeway-West Loop overpass
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A garbage truck struck an exit ramp overpass and lost its load this morning.
A little after 2:30 this morning, the truck going northbound on the Southwest Freeway was taking the exit to the West Loop northbound when the truck clipped the overpass. The truck then crashed on the exit ramp, causing damage to the concrete barrier.
The truck's load then fell off the ramp and landed onto a grassy area below the overpass.
Crews say the damage to the bridge is minor and will not affect traffic. The displaced load also will not affect traffic.
The accident was cleared shortly before 6am
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home