Off-duty deputy fatally shoots stabbing suspect at restaurant off North Freeway
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An off-duty deputy fatally shot a stabbing suspect at a restaurant off the North Freeway overnight.
The chain of events happened just before 12:30 this morning at the Ostioneria Michoacan restaurant off the North Freeway near Airtex. Sheriff's deputies are still on scene, waiting for the medical examiner to arrive.
According to sheriff's deputies, two men had taken their argument into the parking lot when one of the men pulled a gun and fired several shots at the other. That man responded by getting a knife from his car and stabbing the gunman several times.
"When I came over here and saw it, the guy was on the floor. I don't know what happened," said witness Nancy Alvarez.
An off-duty deputy working security next door heard those gunshots and walked outside. He drew his weapon and ordered the suspect to drop the knife, and when he didn't comply, investigators say he fired one shot, which hit the suspect and proved to be fatal.
As for the other man, he was taken to Ben Taub Hospital in critical but stable condition.
The name of the sheriff's deputy has not yet been released.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale