HISD: 'Vague threat' directed towards Bellaire High School; police patrols increased
BELLAIRE, TX (KTRK) -- Bellaire High School students saw an increased police presence at their campus this morning after an alleged threat.
HISD says a "vague threat" was received in reference to Bellaire High, and as a precautionary measure, extra patrols were added at the school. The district says the school is not in lockdown.
Bellaire police tell Eyewitness News they heard about an anticipated gang drive-by shooting on Saturday and increased police at the school. Police say the threat is insubstantiated.
As of now, HISD says no alerts, letters or messages are being sent out, but parents have been showing up at the school to get more information.
The district did not say how the threat was received nor who sent the threat.
We'll bring you more details as they come into the newsroom.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Frustration mounts for church members
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Photos: Maroon 5 draws massive Rodeo crowd
- Richmond traffic stop leads to drug bust
- Pearland mom honored on 'Live with Kelly and Michael'