Remaining eight cases related to fatal day care fire against owner Jessica Tata dismissed
raw video: Verdict read in sentencing of Jessica Tata
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We have new details about Jessica Tata's murder trial. The prosecutors are dismissing the remaining eight cases against Tata, who was convicted in a fatal fire at her in-home day care.
She will not stand trial for the remaining three counts of murder, two charges of reckless injury to a child. and three charges for abandoning a child.
In November, Tata was sentenced to 80 years in prison for her felony murder conviction in the death of one of four children -- 16-month-old Elias Castillo -- killed in the 2011 blaze at her day care. The fire began after Tata left a pan of oil cooking on the stove which ignited while she went shopping and left the kids there.
Along with her sentence, of which she'll have to serve 30 years before she's eligible for parole, she was ordered to pay a $10,000 fine.
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case 51 min ago
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths 17 min ago
- Texans release TE Owen Daniels
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options 11 min ago
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez 52 min ago
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight 41 min ago
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be? 9 min ago
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
26 min ago