Arrest made in murder of woman found dead at Pearland apartment complex
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- An arrest has been made in the murder investigation of a 19-year-old woman found fatally stabbed in Pearland earlier this month.
Niare Lyte was arrested Thursday morning and charged with murder. The arrest comes after Jazmin Miller was found dead January 7 at the St. Andrews apartment complex in the 1000 block of Broadway Street. Investigators say she had been stabbed multiple times.
After an investigation, a warrant was issued for Lyte on Thursday and she was subsequently arrested.
Lyte is currently in the Brazoria County Jail in lieu of a $250,000 bond.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home 46 min ago
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- Man wanted in deadly W. Harris Co. shooting turns self in 49 min ago
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack