Arrest made in murder of woman found dead at Pearland apartment complex
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- An arrest has been made in the murder investigation of a 19-year-old woman found fatally stabbed in Pearland earlier this month.
Niare Lyte was arrested Thursday morning and charged with murder. The arrest comes after Jazmin Miller was found dead January 7 at the St. Andrews apartment complex in the 1000 block of Broadway Street. Investigators say she had been stabbed multiple times.
After an investigation, a warrant was issued for Lyte on Thursday and she was subsequently arrested.
Lyte is currently in the Brazoria County Jail in lieu of a $250,000 bond.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 20 min ago
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital