New Caney ISD: Stranger approaches 6th grader at bus stop
NEW CANEY, TX (KTRK) -- A letter is being sent home to parents of students in the New Caney ISD after a stranger reportedly approached a young girl at a bus stop Friday morning.
According to the district, a sixth-grade girl was at a bus stop on Ford Road at the Trinity Forest mobile home park between 7:10am and 7:45am when a man approached her in his vehicle.
According to the student, the man opened the door, dropped an inappropriate photograph and drove away. He returned a few moments later, reportedly asked the student some questions and then drove away.
The man is described as a while male in his 40s with brown hair and a moustache.
The vehicle he was in is described as a newer model, black full-sized SUV. New Caney ISD Police and the Montgomery County Sheriff's Department are looking into the report. If you have any information about this incident, you're asked to call the Montgomery County Sheriff's office at 936-760-5800 and choose option 3.
The letter was being sent home with students at New Caney Sixth Grade Campus, Porter Elementary, Keefer Crossing Middle School, White Oak Middle School, New Caney High School, and Porter High School.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Drunk man demanded bed to sleep
- Woman found living with dead spouse for month
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
12 min ago