Train collides with 18-wheeler in NW Harris Co.
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The driver of an 18-wheeler is lucky to be alive after his truck got stuck at a railroad crossing in northwest Harris County Friday and was hit by a freight train.
It happened near Highway 290 and Telge. The driver exited the big rig as a heavy truck tried to help move his 18-wheeler. Only the train and its conductor were involved in the crash.
The conductor was taken to a hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Crews worked for hours to clear the debris and oil from the 18-wheeler.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Crews dig through night after deadly OK twister 22 min ago
- Fight at bar ends in fatal shooting in NW Harris Co. 29 min ago
- Ex-teen sex slave devotes new life to helping others
- Houston Super Bowl committee making its pitch in Boston
- Texas search team to help after OK twister
- Two people found on church roof arrested for trespassing 55 min ago
- Toby Keith says Oklahoma hometown is 'strong'
- Photos: LEGO KidsFest in Houston
- otrc: 'Anchorman 2' teaser trailer released
- abcnews: Victoria's Secret rejects 'survivor' bra
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
- Casey Curry's Tuesday weather forecast
56 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos