Two teens shot during birthday party in north Harris County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two teenagers are recovering from gunshot wounds they received at a birthday party in north Harris County, and the shooters remain on the loose.
It happened just before midnight Friday at a home on Katelyn Manor Lane near Fletcher Way.
About 30 people were there celebrating 17-year old Chyna Walker's birthday. In a matter of moments, the celebration turned violent and chaotic.
According to witnesses, the three or four gunmen showed up uninvited. Someone asked them to leave, but they returned about an hour later and opened fire.
"Everybody was having a good time and a couple dudes started fighting to get into a fight, and they just started shooting," Chyna Walker said.
It was Walker's 17th birthday party. She says she didn't know the men who did the shooting, but remembers the panic it caused.
The teens said they heard so many shots, they couldn't keep count.
A friend of Walker was shot three times. Another teen was also injured.
"I don't know what made them do it, but it was stupid," Walker said. "People could have died."
Witnesses say they heard dozens of gunshots and bullets flying everywhere, hitting cars and even a home.
Marsheika Gardner and her husband were in their garage at the time. In the morning, they realized two stray rounds hit their car.
"They're some big bullets," Gardner said.
Harris County Sheriff's Office deputies are still looking for the suspects -- three or four men who witnesses saw leaving the scene in a white car.
Walker's friend and the other shooting victim are both expected to recover, but she pictured a much different ending to her birthday party.
"Nobody can just have a good time," she said. "There's always got to be some stuff."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Coyote's wild run through Hobby, but no roadrunner in sight
- Video from violent fast food robbery released
- Man collapses in street and dies in SW Houston
- Time Magazine names its Person of the Year
- Suspect to bank teller: 'I'm having a bad day' 5 min ago
- Wreck causes fire in Tomball gas station parking lot 28 min ago
- Alcohol sales rules could change in Houston
- Mom accused of whipping girl with jump rope
- Spring woman accused of injuring elderly man
- Lombardi Award finalists hang with kids from TCH 33 min ago
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Marine's body sent home without heart
- Speed may be to blame for fatal accident
- 5 Things to Know for Today
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos