Texas City church closes after pastor's arrest
TEXAS CITY, TX -- A church which had its pastor arrested for drug possession and family violence appears to have shut down.
A bank has foreclosed on the Baypoint Community Church's property in Texas City. The news comes weeks after the church's pastor, Terry Gass, was accused of pushing his girlfriend out of his SUV. Police found him and the SUV in the church's parking lot in November.
While he was being booked at city jail, police say they noticed cocaine wrapped in a dollar bill in his wallet.
Gass then said he was taking a temporary leave of absence, but two associate pastors then resigned.
Gass did not have a listed phone number.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Woman found dead inside burned out home 31 min ago
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus 38 min ago
- Three Webster officers accused of using excessive force 34 min ago
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Fugitive Friday: Help find suspect in sexual assault of child
- Astronaut may get Christmas wish for spacewalk
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- Sales brisk for tonight's $425M Mega Millions game
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
- Police: 2 people killed after Utah rock slide
- Free Stuff Friday: Holiday happenings this weekend
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
14 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos