Texas City church closes after pastor's arrest
TEXAS CITY, TX -- A church which had its pastor arrested for drug possession and family violence appears to have shut down.
A bank has foreclosed on the Baypoint Community Church's property in Texas City. The news comes weeks after the church's pastor, Terry Gass, was accused of pushing his girlfriend out of his SUV. Police found him and the SUV in the church's parking lot in November.
While he was being booked at city jail, police say they noticed cocaine wrapped in a dollar bill in his wallet.
Gass then said he was taking a temporary leave of absence, but two associate pastors then resigned.
Gass did not have a listed phone number.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 17 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- LA unanimously bans vaping in public places 33 min ago
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers 31 min ago
- Man dancing on power pole in lifted to... 36 min ago
- Boy buried by avalanche tried to bite his way out
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Trooper's wife killed when his gun accidentally discharged