Texas City church closes after pastor's arrest
TEXAS CITY, TX -- A church which had its pastor arrested for drug possession and family violence appears to have shut down.
A bank has foreclosed on the Baypoint Community Church's property in Texas City. The news comes weeks after the church's pastor, Terry Gass, was accused of pushing his girlfriend out of his SUV. Police found him and the SUV in the church's parking lot in November.
While he was being booked at city jail, police say they noticed cocaine wrapped in a dollar bill in his wallet.
Gass then said he was taking a temporary leave of absence, but two associate pastors then resigned.
Gass did not have a listed phone number.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security 5 min ago
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- John Paul's legacy stained by sex abuse scandal 8 min ago
- Video: Preparing for canonization of Popes John...
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight 12 min ago
- Car hits packed Florida church, injuring about 20 48 min ago
- Sleeping girl killed after car drives into home 35 min ago
- Police: Man pelted woman at egg decorating party 31 min ago