SW Houston church parishioners stop thief
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The suspect in a southwest Houston church burglary was in the hospital Saturday night after being caught by parishioners.
Templo La Hermosa Church members have already done repair work to the back wall of their church.
Police say a suspect used a sledge hammer the bust through the wall and steal several band instruments.
Members living nearby went inside the building to inspect the damage and found one suspect hiding in the ceiling.
The church's pastor says the suspect fell through the ceiling and the members held him until police arrived.
Police say the suspect started to not feel well once he was in custody. He was taken to an area hospital and is now in critical condition.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident