Getaway driver sentenced in 2010 bank robbery, chase and shootout
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Fort Bend County bank robbery suspect also accused in a deputy shootout in 2010 will spend several decades behind bars for the crimes.
Larrylon Williams received three concurrent sentences for robbing a bank and then leading deputies on a chase that ended in a shootout. Two of the sentences are 45 years each and the third is 30 years, officials said. Williams was also fined $30,000.
The chase and shootout were caught on deputies' dash cameras.
Investigators said Williams was the getaway driver in the incident. He was convicted on Wednesday.
Williams' alleged partner in the crimes -- Mouafak Kazzaz -- died during the shootout.
One deputy was injured. He suffered two gunshot wounds to the wrist and a bullet grazed his head.
A civilian was also shot. She survived her injuries.
The jury spent 12 hours deliberating over the case.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Child killed by falling tree branch
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle
- 3 shoplifting suspects nabbed after hour-long chase
- HISD school principal accused of shoplifting 34 min ago
- Man found dead at home in Fort Bend County 18 min ago
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Autopsy: Walker died from impact, fire in crash 6 min ago
- Texans can still make the playoffs if...
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Woman warning others after car sale goes awry 22 min ago
- When fictional sex is bad, really bad
- Last day of warm before the temperatures drop
- Mom, 17, fatally stabbed while holding baby
- Which states swear the most on the phone
- Legal questions answered by People's Lawyer
5 min ago