Police: Galveston bakery owner murdered
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- A Galveston business owner was killed this weekend in what appears to be a carjacking, and police are looking for clues to find out who is behind his death.
Juan Navarro owned Navarro Bakery, located at 3801 Broadway Street.
A Galveston police officer was patrolling the area around 2am Saturday when he discovered Navarro lying on the ground in the parking lot of his business.
Navarro was rushed to the hospital where died from his injuries Saturday night. He was 59 years old.
Police said Navarro's vehicle was missing from the scene. They found it Sunday afternoon near the intersection of 37th and Avenue M.
Anyone with information regarding this case should call Detective Sollenberger at 409-765-3770 or 409-765-3762.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer