Lone Star College shooting suspects due in court Monday
raw video: HCSO's update on Lone Star College shooting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Both suspects in the shooting at a Lone Star College campus will face a judge Monday.
Carlton Berry and Trey Foster are each charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
Shots were fired after investigators say the suspects got into an argument with Jody Neal last Tuesday.
Berry, Neal and a maintenance worker were injured.
KTRK legal analyst Joel Androphy says it will be challenging for the suspects to come up with a defense.
"You cannot get into an argument with somebody [and] claim self-defense to shooting a third person," Androphy said. "You may be able to claim self-defense with the person that you have the altercation with if in fact a weapon was needed."
Harris County Sheriff's Office deputies say they're still not sure who actually pulled the trigger.
They found a gun on Foster when they arrested him and are investigating whether it was the one used in the shooting.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star 59 min ago
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one 33 min ago
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW 58 min ago
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston 41 min ago
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident