Lone Star College shooting suspects due in court Monday
raw video: HCSO's update on Lone Star College shooting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Both suspects in the shooting at a Lone Star College campus will face a judge Monday.
Carlton Berry and Trey Foster are each charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
Shots were fired after investigators say the suspects got into an argument with Jody Neal last Tuesday.
Berry, Neal and a maintenance worker were injured.
KTRK legal analyst Joel Androphy says it will be challenging for the suspects to come up with a defense.
"You cannot get into an argument with somebody [and] claim self-defense to shooting a third person," Androphy said. "You may be able to claim self-defense with the person that you have the altercation with if in fact a weapon was needed."
Harris County Sheriff's Office deputies say they're still not sure who actually pulled the trigger.
They found a gun on Foster when they arrested him and are investigating whether it was the one used in the shooting.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Local post offices open today for holiday rush 8 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished 6 min ago
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Winter Weather advisory for several local counties
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- South Africans pray for Mandela 18 min ago
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- Icy storm sends Houston workers to help North Texas
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns
- Drivers stuck on icy I-35 as cold blast hits Texas