Ex-Memorial Middle School teacher accused of having sex with underage student facing new charges
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A former middle school teacher who was accused of having sex with a student last year is facing new charges.
Kathryn Camille Murray first made headlines last February when she was charged with having sex with a 15-year-old boy, who was one of her students at Memorial Middle School. Murray, then 29, was eventually charged with three counts of sexual abuse and one count of improper relationship with a student.
According to court documents, Murray had sex with the teen at his home, at a hotel and two more times inside her classroom at the school.
Murray was out of jail on bond, though required to wear a GPS device, and was still restricted by a restraining order from going near the teen.
But court documents allege Murray was harboring the same teen, who ran away from home without his parent's consent, and allowed him to remain in a home she occupied. She's now facing a new charge of harboring a runaway child. She was arrested on Saturday.
Murray had been with Spring Branch ISD for three years and was fired after the charges.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security 1 min ago
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- John Paul's legacy stained by sex abuse scandal 22 min ago
- Video: Preparing for canonization of Popes John...
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight 27 min ago
- Car hits packed Florida church, injuring about 20 3 min ago
- Sleeping girl killed after car drives into home
- Police: Man pelted woman at egg decorating party
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck