Ex-Memorial Middle School teacher accused of having sex with underage student facing new charges
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A former middle school teacher who was accused of having sex with a student last year is facing new charges.
Kathryn Camille Murray first made headlines last February when she was charged with having sex with a 15-year-old boy, who was one of her students at Memorial Middle School. Murray, then 29, was eventually charged with three counts of sexual abuse and one count of improper relationship with a student.
According to court documents, Murray had sex with the teen at his home, at a hotel and two more times inside her classroom at the school.
Murray was out of jail on bond, though required to wear a GPS device, and was still restricted by a restraining order from going near the teen.
But court documents allege Murray was harboring the same teen, who ran away from home without his parent's consent, and allowed him to remain in a home she occupied. She's now facing a new charge of harboring a runaway child. She was arrested on Saturday.
Murray had been with Spring Branch ISD for three years and was fired after the charges.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- 'Hero' bus driver saves girl from dog attack
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Police: Ohio infant apparently killed by dogs
- Lululemon founder stepping down after gaffe
- Canada to claim North Pole as their own
- Boy, 6, suspended for kissing girl on hand
- Woman accused of having sex with boy, 14
- Senate and House leaders reach deal on budget agreement
- Friends prank guy into thinking he's been...
2 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos