Man arrested in Florida in connection with missing 14-year-old Harris County girl, the subject of Amber Alert
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities say a 33-year-old man was arrested in Florida, in connection with a missing 14-year-old Harris County girl who was the subject of an Amber Alert.
Harris County deputies issued the Amber Alert last week for the 14-year-old girl last seen leaving her home with Jacob West, 33. Both had been missing since Tuesday afternoon.
Eyewitness News has learned that West was arrested in Fort Pierce, Florida, this morning by US Marshals, the FBI and local authorities. The girl was with him. She is now safe and in the custody of authorities.
Her parents pleaded for her safe return, saying she was romantically involved with West, a former trusted neighbor.
Authorities say West is now charged with sexual assault of a child. The Amber Alert has since been cancelled.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
amber alert, local
- Committee: 'Don't tear down the Astrodome'
- Woman at odds with auto shop after car gets stolen
- Men's restroom visitors find themselves on camera
- Residents on edge over string of suspicious fires
- Houston bus company owner faces charges from 2008 crash
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- Local burger's name catches national chain's attention
- Tropical Storm Barry headed for Veracruz, Mexico
- Thieves steal bundles of metal rods from Magnolia store
- North Forest ISD files new request to stop annexation
- Equipment theft threatens Texas Equusearch's existence
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos