Native Houstonian found tied, dead in NYC apartment
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A native Houstonian has been found killed in his apartment in New York City.
Charles Romo's housekeeper found him dead in his bed. The 48-year-old's hands had been tied. His face was covered in blood and a plastic bag was placed over his head.
Officers don't know what led up to his murder, but they are now reviewing surveillance video to see if they can see the killer.
Romo was originally from Houston and had not lived in his apartment in New York's Hamilton Heights neighborhood for long.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
new york city, local
- Teen, 13, charged with capital murder 33 min ago
- HISD teachers accuse principal of bullying
- Ex-cons behind the wheel in cabs
- Heavily tattooed man accused of stabbing boy
- Couple find themselves in middle of armed robbery 10 min ago
- Big facelift proposed for Bush Airport terminal
- Video: Vatican city prepares for canonization
- Video: Hero helps Skeeters open the season
- Mom reunited with child after car theft
- Stolen park statue returned to Texas City
- School: Fourth-graders caught selling pot on campus
- Family's pet donkey shot 18 times, killed
- Police: Intoxicated mom pushed baby in stroller
- Convict who escaped TX prison returns from Mexico