Indoor marijuana farm found at Sugar Land house
SUGAR LAND, TX (KTRK) -- Authorities say they've uncovered a sophisticated marijuana growing operation at a house in Sugar Land, and now two people are under arrest.
During the past month, agents with the Fort Bend County Narcotics Task Force investigated a home in the 3200 block of Summer Bay Drive. On Friday, authorities moved in with a search warrant and found an indoor marijuana operation being conducted in five rooms of the house. Agents reportedly located 206 marijuana plants, along with indoor growing lights, scales, water pumps, fans, invertors and assorted equipment used for manufacturing, packaging and selling of marijuana.
The marijuana seized at the scene had a street value of approximately $824,000.
Dong Tien Nguyen, 40, of Sugar Land, and Duyet Nguyen, 41, of Houston, were arrested and booked into the Fort Bend County Jail on first degree felony charges of possession of marijuana. Both men received bonds of $50,000 and both bailed out of the Fort Bend County Jail on Saturday.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
sugar land, local
- weather: Storms moving through southeast Texas
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Smash and grab burglar targets tattoo parlor
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Hail coming down in parts of viewing area 18 min ago
- TDCJ van carrying prisoners crashes near El Campo 15 min ago
- Armed robber was never told to report to prison
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- Chip in at Chipotle for Discovery Green
- Most insane job interview ever
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- No sew: Create Easter tutus on the cheap
- Hail comes down in Stafford
33 min ago