Texas City boy approached by stranger at bus stop
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Texas City authorities are warning students to be careful after a boy waiting for a bus reported that a man had tried to grab him.
It happened 7:10am Tuesday at a bus stop at the corner of 19th Street North and 1st Avenue North. A Kohfeldt Elementary student said a man approached him and grabbed him by the arm.
The Texas City Police Department thoroughly investigated the reported attempted abduction and their completed investigation concluded that the threat was unfounded. However, stranger danger is very real. Authorities remind parents to continue to talk to children about their personal safety.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster 17 min ago
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou 14 min ago
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshall: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana 45 min ago
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California 52 min ago
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store