Texas City boy approached by stranger at bus stop
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Texas City authorities are warning students to be careful after a boy waiting for a bus reported that a man had tried to grab him.
It happened 7:10am Tuesday at a bus stop at the corner of 19th Street North and 1st Avenue North. A Kohfeldt Elementary student said a man approached him and grabbed him by the arm.
The Texas City Police Department thoroughly investigated the reported attempted abduction and their completed investigation concluded that the threat was unfounded. However, stranger danger is very real. Authorities remind parents to continue to talk to children about their personal safety.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold 23 min ago
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Family escapes house fire in east Houston 3 min ago
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known 48 min ago
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Ashby High Rise opponents dealt winning hand
- Man tries to trade gator for beer
- Half-ton chocolate Santa on display at Hilton Americas
- Guide dog saves blind man who fell on subway tracks
- Outrage over request asked of cancer patient
6 min ago