Person of interest named in Galveston homicide
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- A person of interest has been identified in a murder case out of Galveston.
This past Saturday, Juan Navarro, owner of Panaderia Navarro Baker, was assaulted and his vehicle stolen from his business in the 3800 block of Broadway. Navarro was transported to UTMB, but later died from his injuries.
His vehicle was located near the intersection fo 37th and Avenue M the following day.
During the investigation, police say they determined Harold Norwood was in possession of Navarro's vehicle after the assault. A warrant was issued for his arrest for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
According to Galveston police, Norwood is a known violent felon. Anyone with information on where he may be is asked to contact the Galveston Police Department at 409-765-3702 or Crime Stoppers at 409-763-TIPS.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat