Person of interest named in Galveston homicide
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- A person of interest has been identified in a murder case out of Galveston.
This past Saturday, Juan Navarro, owner of Panaderia Navarro Baker, was assaulted and his vehicle stolen from his business in the 3800 block of Broadway. Navarro was transported to UTMB, but later died from his injuries.
His vehicle was located near the intersection fo 37th and Avenue M the following day.
During the investigation, police say they determined Harold Norwood was in possession of Navarro's vehicle after the assault. A warrant was issued for his arrest for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
According to Galveston police, Norwood is a known violent felon. Anyone with information on where he may be is asked to contact the Galveston Police Department at 409-765-3702 or Crime Stoppers at 409-763-TIPS.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- NASA hopes to avoid emergency spacewalk on ISS 3 min ago
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Witnesses pull woman from fiery wreck
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft 1 min ago
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site
- Motorcyclist dies after colliding with car 33 min ago
- Are more Doritos-flavored foods on the way? 50 min ago
- Astrodome to be considered historic landmark
- No jail for teen whose lawyers argued 'affluenza'
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees