Person of interest named in Galveston homicide
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- A person of interest has been identified in a murder case out of Galveston.
This past Saturday, Juan Navarro, owner of Panaderia Navarro Baker, was assaulted and his vehicle stolen from his business in the 3800 block of Broadway. Navarro was transported to UTMB, but later died from his injuries.
His vehicle was located near the intersection fo 37th and Avenue M the following day.
During the investigation, police say they determined Harold Norwood was in possession of Navarro's vehicle after the assault. A warrant was issued for his arrest for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
According to Galveston police, Norwood is a known violent felon. Anyone with information on where he may be is asked to contact the Galveston Police Department at 409-765-3702 or Crime Stoppers at 409-763-TIPS.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Boston Marathon begins under tight security 8 min ago
- Robbery call leads to wild chase in north Houston
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed while looking for car keys 32 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls
- Lohan says on reality show she had miscarriage
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Teen survives California to Hawaii flight in wheel well
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- General Mills scraps controversial new legal terms
- New study says laughing makes your brain work better
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos