Person of interest named in Galveston homicide
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- A person of interest has been identified in a murder case out of Galveston.
This past Saturday, Juan Navarro, owner of Panaderia Navarro Baker, was assaulted and his vehicle stolen from his business in the 3800 block of Broadway. Navarro was transported to UTMB, but later died from his injuries.
His vehicle was located near the intersection fo 37th and Avenue M the following day.
During the investigation, police say they determined Harold Norwood was in possession of Navarro's vehicle after the assault. A warrant was issued for his arrest for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
According to Galveston police, Norwood is a known violent felon. Anyone with information on where he may be is asked to contact the Galveston Police Department at 409-765-3702 or Crime Stoppers at 409-763-TIPS.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Local post offices open today for holiday rush
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH 23 min ago
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted
- No more ice, but cold weather continues
- Houstonians to pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- Suspect in 3 deaths lets baby go, kills self 31 min ago
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- Icy storm sends Houston workers to help North Texas
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath 44 min ago