Girl, 5, drowns in bathtub in west Harris County apartment
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities are investigating after a 5-year-old drowned at an apartment complex in west Harris County.
The girl lived at an apartment complex in the 11000 block of Olympia with her father, siblings and her father's girlfriend.
Police say at about 2:30pm, the girl went to take a bath and drew the water by herself as she had been taught. After several minutes, the live-in girlfriend went to check on the child and found her under water. CPR was immediately performed on the child and HFD paramedics were called to the scene.
The girl was taken to West Houston Medical Center where she died.
The investigation is continuing. The girl's identity has not been released.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Search in OK nears complettion; tornado was EF5 17 min ago
- Houston will host Super Bowl LI in 2017
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Child abducted walking home from school
- Watching line of storms to our north
- 2nd suspect in Alief murders surrenders 14 min ago
- Katy Fire Chief indicted in Valium diversion case 6 min ago
- Menil Picasso vandal sentenced to 2 years
- Houston women take on fight to end sex trafficking 45 min ago
- Officials link College Station's E. coli cases to restaurant
- BBQ marinades that are friendly to your mouth, wallet
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos