Smoke forces brief evacuation of Magnolia Elementary School in Pearland
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- Students and staff at Magnolia Elementary School were evacuated from the building this morning due to smoke, according to Pearland police.
The school is located on the 5300 block of Magnolia. Officials say the source of the smoke was a faulty AC unit.
All students were moved to an alternate campus as the Pearland Fire Department aired out the building. But the all-clear was given by officials around 8:15am.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby 51 min ago
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston 35 min ago
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- One killed in west Houston wreck
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally 35 min ago
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years 12 min ago
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody 19 min ago
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest 23 min ago
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Chris Brown trial could start as soon as today
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash